We're getting back to normal with new timetables and more buses
Many of our bus times are changing as we get back to normal and add more buses.
Click on the relevant area below for all the information and links to timetables:
It's compulsory to wear a face covering on board all buses
If you haven’t got a face covering, we want to make it easy to get your hands on one.
We’ve made some special ‘all the colours of Transdev’ face coverings. These are available to buy in our bus station shops and also on our pop-up shop here!
You can also make your own face covering - check how here.
Got questions? Here are the answers!
What is a face covering?
A face covering, usually made from cloth, is used to cover your nose and mouth whilst allowing you to breathe comfortably. It doesn’t have to be a bespoke item – it can be a scarf or other small item of clothing. You are not encouraged to wear medical face masks, which are prioritised to our hard-working friends in the NHS.
Why do I have to wear a face covering?
Face coverings provide an extra layer to help prevent the respiratory droplets from traveling in the air and onto other people. This reduces the chance of infection when you are near to other people. It has been found that a person can have COVID-19 and spread it to others before showing any symptoms, and even not develop symptoms themselves at all. Ensuring everyone wears a face covering means that people will not unwittingly spread or catch the virus.
Why are some people on my bus not wearing one?
There are a number of exemptions to the rule that include young children and those with breathing issues or disabilities. The full list can be found here.
Why was my driver not wearing a face covering?
Our drivers have a protective screen around their cab that protects you and them, so it is not compulsory for them to wear a face covering, although some may still choose to.
Who made the rule about face coverings?
The UK government has set this regulation and we now must work together, with you, our customers to meet it to keep each other safe.
What happens if I don’t wear a face covering?
If you choose not to and you are not exempt, you are going against government regulations and are also risking a fine of up to £100. This regulation will be supported by enforcement officers across the bus network.
How do face coverings help?
It has been found that a person can have COVID-19 and spread it to others before showing any symptoms, and even not develop symptoms themselves at all. Ensuring everyone wears a face covering means that people will not unwittingly spread the virus.
Where can I get a face covering from?
Put your best face on – and contribute to the NHS charities too – with an ‘all the colours of Transdev’ face covering from our bus stations or at our pop-up online shop here. You can also buy one from many supermarkets and clothes shops now or – of course – you can make your own based on the instructions here.
We're Clean, Safe and Ready to Go
What we are doing to keep our buses clean
- Our buses are deep cleaned every night by our expert team of cleaners ready for you each morning
- Cleaners at our bus stations are there to hop on board to disinfect buses and clean touchpoints throughout the day.
- Cleaning kits are carried by drivers to ensure they’re equipped during the journey
- Virucidal fog is used every night as part of a new regime and is proven to be highly effective
Keeping you safe, including distancing on board and at stops
- We have added more buses to our timetables so you have a greater choice of journeys.
- At the bus stop, allow anyone leaving the bus to get off before you try to board. Get on one at a time and keep apart from other customers.
- We're looking forward to seeing more of you on board as capacity restrictions are being lifted.
- We are keeping our buses well ventilated by leaving the windows open to ensure the air is as fresh as possible.
- Please try to only sit in the window seats, unless you're a family who can sit together
- We’ve added hand sanitiser dispensers to every bus, so please help yourself as you board and leave the bus.
We're Clean, Safe and Ready to Go! If you need us, we're here...