We're looking for a Engineering Supervisor in York
Here at Transdev, we’re an energetic, visionary and growing business that is unlike any other bus company. People are at the heart of everything we do. Our colleagues are not just numbers, they’re the lifeblood of our business. We treat everyone with fairness and respect to make sure we’re a great place to work which is backed up by our numerous awards and benefits.
In York and Malton, we operate multiple bus companies including York & Country, Yorkshire Coastliner and York City Sightseeing. Whether you want to hop on the local buses to get you around town like the 22, take a trip on the UK’s most scenic bus route, the 840 to Whitby or the 843 to Scarborough, or you want an unforgettable open-top tour of the city with York City Sightseeing, it’s our amazing buses and drivers who will get you there. Alongside this we have a friendly and helpful team that support our growth as we continue to support the communities we service.
We are looking for a Engineering Supervisor who is friendly, flexible, able to work on their own initiative or part of a small, family-feel team. Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Support and deputising for the Engineering Manager
- Managing the maintenance of the company fleet
- Ensuring compliance with statutory standards
- Repairing and maintaining the company vehicles to a high standard
- Carrying out preventative maintenance
- Carrying out roadside and running repairs as necessary
You should also ideally be qualified in NVQ Level 3 or PCV / HGV City & Guilds.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer:
- £1000 welcome bonus for all qualified engineers who join us
- Free travel for you and your partner on our buses and many more across the North of England
- Subsidised gym membership, money off high street shops and supermarkets along with a host of health and welfare benefits
- Awards and Rewards for our best performers, including our annual company-wide Amazing Awards
- Opportunities to progress and develop yourself to other roles through our StepUp talent and development programme
- A generous company pension scheme and Life Cover
For more information, contact The Academy on 07825 271697 or click 'apply now!'
You can also send your application to us through the post with Freepost ACADEMY