Earn up to £24k a year driving a bus with us. We’ll teach you how and pay for your training. What’s stopping you?
Lindsey here used to work behind a desk as a mortgage advisor. There's nothing wrong with that, but she fancied a change. Now she drives your buses. So can you.
Our bus drivers have a wide variety of backgrounds including bar workers, mechanics, security guards, delivery drivers, factory workers, sweet packers, cleaners, mortgage advisors, librarians and more.
They’ve got one thing in common – they care about great customer service.
You don’t need to know how to drive a bus to work with us. You bring amazing, and we’ll train you to be an amazing bus driver.
Earn up to £24k a year, and get loads of free perks for you and your family.
At our training school - The Academy - you’ll be in a small group of 2-3 people under the guidance of one of our qualified training team. They’re NVQ qualified, with additional training in several areas including our own signature customer service, and support for mental health amongst the team.
You’ll spend 4-6 weeks alongside other trainees, and in this time the training team will guide you through your theoretical tests – theory, hazard perception, case studies and ‘show me, tell me’ demonstration – as well as your practical driving test.
We’ll fund your training, and by the end of it you’ll have a recognised national qualification.
The first-time pass rate for the trainees we take into our school is 96%.
Once behind the wheel as a qualified bus driver, one of our team of trained mentors will be on hand to provide guidance on route training, vehicle familiarisation, ticket machines, and any questions you might have. Even once you’re comfortable with your role as a driver, the training team, mentors and our local managers will be on hand to help.
As well as training and support, through your role with us you’ll have access to some of the most generous terms and conditions around including:
- Free travel for you and your partner on our own buses, and many more right across the North of England.
- Subsidised gym membership and money off at many high street shops, including major supermarkets, through our colleague app Transdev Exchange.
- Rewards and awards for our best performers including our annual company-wide Amazing Awards and Transdev Honours.
- Opportunities to progress to other roles through our StepUp talent and development programme.
- A generous company pension scheme, with life cover at 2x your basic annual salary.
- Working a guaranteed 36 hour week with optional overtime to enhance your earnings.
Think you can be a bus driver like Lindsey? We do – and we’d love to hear from you.
Apply with a covering letter and CV by email to Dale French in The Academy on [email protected] or give him a call for an informal chat on 01423 884633.