We're in the running for 5 UK Bus Awards!
1 month ago
We are to compete in five categories in the bus industry’s biggest celebration of innovation and excellence, the UK Bus Awards.
Over more than 25 years, the competition – widely recognised as the UK’s bus industry Oscars – has presented over 500 awards to talented teams and individuals to recognise, reward and inspire the thousands who work in the industry all over the country.
Having sifted through dozens of entries from bus firms across the United Kingdom, senior industry leaders on five expert judging panels have announced their shortlists for the 2023 Awards – and Transdev is in the running in five categories:
- Marketing Campaign – for Transdev’s unique ‘Get Your Freedom – Get Your Free Bus Pass’ promotion, designed to encourage concessionary pass holders to return to bus travel following the pandemic
- Manager of the Year – Alan Isherwood, promoted this year to a key role as Transdev’s Head of Operations after a successful 35 year career with the company and its predecessors, which began as a bus driver back in 1988
- Enriching the Customer Experience – for ‘De-Stressing The Bus’, Transdev’s value-led customer campaign to secure post-pandemic business recovery during the cost of living crisis, achieving a 15% rise in customer numbers across the North in the 12 months to June of this year
- Going for Growth – recognising Transdev’s successful revival of The 36, its flagship Yorkshire route linking Harrogate with Leeds up to every 10 minutes, which plunged to just 2,300 customers a week at the height of the pandemic, a 94 per cent fall from June 2019 – but rose again strongly to hit 30,000 customers a week in June 2022, and 42,000 a week by July of this year, ahead of the launch of new electric buses next year
- Top National Bus Driver – for Mariusz Losinski, one of the best-known faces behind the wheel on Transdev’s Coastliner route linking Leeds and York with the North Yorkshire Coast, named Britain’s Most Scenic Bus Route in a national poll of bus users. Mariuz’s calm approach to driving and customer care has earned him several in-house accolades, including in 2023, Transdev’s Pride of the North Cup for his calm handling of an on-board medical emergency on the North York Moors
Our Managing Director Henri Rohard said: “I’m delighted that our talented teams and individuals are to be recognised among the UK’s best at these prestigious awards, which turn a deserved spotlight on the pride and passion of our people who together deliver superb customer service every day, throughout the North.
“These are challenging times for every business, responding to the cost of living crisis while recovering from the pandemic. I’m proud of our people who ensure that, as always, our customers are at the heart of everything we do.
“We look forward to introducing 54 new all-electric buses in orders worth £28.5 million by the end of next year. Over 1,300 colleagues are in our Transdev family and every one has an important role in delivering for our customers each day. I’m looking forward to seeing their hard work and commitment recognised at a national level.”
This year’s shortlisted entries were selected by a panel of expert judges made up of senior industry stakeholders, chaired by Alan Millar, who was editor of the bus industry journal ‘Buses’ for 22 years before becoming consultant editor in 2021.
The UK Bus Awards winners will be revealed at a glittering presentation ceremony in London on Tuesday, 28 November 2023.