You’re in the right place for contact information for media enquiries, document libraries, a selection of downloadable images of our branded buses and headline facts about our business.
We feature regularly on TV, radio and online, and in newspapers and magazines. We are happy to consider filming, broadcast or photography requests involving our bus services and the bus stations we manage, with as much advance notice as possible. Please note that many of the larger bus stations we serve are managed separately by regional and local transport authorities, who are responsible for arranging safe media access. Please contact our marketing team for more information at [email protected].
You can find a selection of the brochures we've put together to showcase the work to innovate and improve local buses here.
To see all of our past issues of Talk magazine - our company magazine that showcases the hard work of our colleagues and keeps them up to date with our plans for the future, go here.
Key facts and figures
- We employ over 1,400 amazing people directly in Yorkshire, Lancashire and Greater Manchester, and support many more jobs among third party suppliers, and by providing high quality, reliable bus services to and from towns and cities across the North of England. Wherever possible, we work with locally based suppliers to support our people and services.
- We run buses from our 10 operating centres, ranging from midi-buses built in the North on our Ribble Country and Little Hotline services in Lancashire, through our standard single and double deck buses, to our premium ‘Sky Class’ interurban express vehicles, brimming with luxury features and offering first class travel at highly competitive fares.
- We lead the way in clean, green travel: in 2018 we became the first bus operator in Britain to introduce all-electric buses onto an urban network with the launch of our ground-breaking Harrogate Electrics buses, after The Harrogate Bus Company became the only operator in Yorkshire to win funding of £2.25 million from the Government to create Britain’s first Low Emission Bus Town.
- We invest for growth, today and tomorrow: in 2020, we invested £3.8 million in new twin deck buses built in Britain to our exclusive ‘Sky Class’ premium luxury specification, for our Witchway express between Burnley, Rawtenstall and Manchester. The decision to go ahead with the investment during the global pandemic reflects Transdev’s confidence in the key role buses will play in the North’s future
- We’re people serving people: in 2019, free journeys for all on Sundays on the company’s electric buses, delivered in partnership with Harrogate’s business and retail community, generated a rise of up to 90 per cent in the number of customers travelling compared with the same months in 2018.
- We run Britain’s Most Scenic Bus Route: in 2018. global TV coverage celebrated Coastliner’s unique mix of scenery, sights and surprises on its journey over the North York Moors to Whitby, as the route topped a nationwide poll to win the coveted title of Britain’s Most Scenic Bus Route.
- We’re proud to be local – and part of a world-class group: We’re proud to be based in the North of England, while benefiting from the expertise and resources of the Transdev group. Prior to the pandemic, 11 million people travelled on Transdev’s 42,400 vehicles every day, including on buses, trams, trains, ferries, trolleybuses, cable cars and many more. Transdev serves 17 countries around the world, from the United States to Australia and New Zealand, and from China to Colombia. Download the Moving You (MY) app for the latest news and information from, and about, Transdev worldwide.
Where we operate
Our company is based in Harrogate, and our teams are based at 10 operating centres across the North.
Here is a summary of our locations and the branded networks and routes they operate:
York and North Yorkshire
- Malton Coastliner between Leeds, York and the North Yorkshire Coast.
- York York & Country local services, CastleLine to Castle Howard and CitySightseeing York’s open top bus tours of York.
- Harrogate The Harrogate Bus Company local services, including the 36 and Harrogate Electrics.
- Bradford FLYER network linking Leeds, Bradford, Otley and Harrogate with Leeds Bradford Airport.
- Keighley The Keighley Bus Company local services, including Brontebus, Dalesway, theSHUTTLE and Aireline.
- Halifax and Huddersfield Team Pennine local services in and around Calderdale and Kirklees districts of West Yorkshire.
Lancashire and Greater Manchester
- Burnley The Burnley Bus Company local services, including Mainline and the Witchway express linking Burnley and Rawtenstall with Manchester; dedicated services for staff at Boohoo in Burnley.
- Rochdale Rosso local services, including Irwell Line, 464, Trax, Lakeline, Tottington Line and the Rossendale Rovers network.
- Blackburn The Blackburn Bus Company local services, including The 1 between Blackburn, Darwen and Bolton, the 6&7 circular services linking Blackburn with Accrington and Great Harwood, and the Valleyline route between Clitheroe, Blackburn and Shadsworth; plus the Hotline interurban service between Preston, Blackburn and Burnley, and the Red Express linking Accrington, Haslingden and Ramsbottom with Manchester.
For all media enquiries relating to Transdev and its services in Yorkshire and Lancashire and our operations across the north of England, please contact Matt Burley, Commercial Manager by email on [email protected] or phone on 01422553576
You can find us at Transdev Blazefield Ltd, Prospect Place, Prospect Park, Broughton Way, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG2 7NY.