We're looking for a Social Media Assistant to join our team in Harrogate
Here at Transdev we run buses across the North, from Preston in the west to Scarborough in the east. We’re a 1250-strong, award-winning team, proud to be making bus travel better across the towns and cities we are so proud to serve. And, now more than ever, bus travel has been proven as critical to how our communities go about their lives every day.
Our Social Media Assistant will join our in-house Marketing and Communications team based in Harrogate.
You’ll be working closely with other members of the Marketing and Communications team to coordinate engaging content for all of our social and digital channels, ensuring our social media channels are updated and brand-focused, responding in real-time to questions from our customers, updating our website and apps, and seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with audiences.
· Co-ordinate and support updating our social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, LinkedIn and other relevant platforms
· Responding to customer queries in real time, ensuring all questions, comments and complaints are actioned promptly
· Liaising with our operations and customer service teams at each of our depots to find answers to our customers’ questions, and responding in a timely and efficient manner
· Liaising with our commercial team to understand planned changes to our routes, products and services in order to provide easy to understand communications for our customers
· Updating our apps and websites with the dynamic written, image, video and graphic-led content
· Creating content which promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence and participation on our websites and ultimately drives sales
· Assisting with social media management around our marketing campaigns and key events, for example depot open days
· Working with the Marketing team to coordinate social media messaging and ensure alignment with current campaigns
· Writing and distributing email newsletters to customers using our CRM system, Campaign Monitior
· Use scheduling software to create scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content to generate audience interaction and raise awareness of ongoing campaigns, whilst analysing, managing and altering schedules where necessary
What you’ll need
This is a challenging, but fulfilling and rewarding role in a busy, dynamic and fast-paced communications team, where no two days are ever the same! You’ll need to be confident in your ability to work to tight deadlines, and to deliver our
signature brand of amazing customer service, day in, day out. Because social media isn’t 9 till 5, this role involves weekend and evenings so being flexible is important.
Skills and qualifications
· Educated to A Level or equivalent
· A keen user of social media with understanding of how to get the best results on each platform
· enthusiastic about public transport and making buses better for our customers, just like we are
· a strong communicator with the ability to build relationships with your colleagues
· willing to listen to feedback and use it to improve
· flexible and able to, from time-to-time, work hours that aren’t typical to meet the needs of the business
· Outstanding customer service skills
· Able to demonstrate impeccable attention to detail
· Knowledge and experience of writing or producing content for social media and/or websites
· A strong grasp of spelling and grammar
· Knowledge of brand awareness and tone of voice, including the ability to differentiate and adapt between various types of social and digital media
· Excellent proofreading skills
· Ability to work to tight deadlines, both individually and as part of a close-knit, supportive and friendly team
We’ll give you in return
You’ll be working for one of the industry’s most exciting and creative companies – we really care about first-class marketing and communications.
This is a full time role and shift patterns will be established and agreed with you to ensure we can provide the best social media coverage for our customers.
Our terms and conditions are some of the best around and include:
· A competitive salary, based on your experience
· Free travel for you and your partner on our own buses, and many more across the North of England.
· Subsidised gym membership and money off at many high street shops, including major supermarkets, through our Transdev Exchange colleague app.
· Recognition and awards for best performers including our annual company-wide Amazing Awards.
· Opportunities to progress to other roles through our StepUP talent and development programme.
· A generous company pension scheme, with life cover at 2x your basic annual salary.
Salary: £18,000.00 per year
Think you've got what it takes?
Apply with your CV and covering letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role by 5pm on Friday 21 June to [email protected]