Get away from the daily grind… come to Ribble Country. We’re recruiting!
Join us, and you’ll get behind the wheel to ride around some of the most beautiful parts of our county. We’ve got you a new fleet of buses on order and arriving soon to bring a brand new look for buses across the valley.
We’re preparing to meet thousands of new customers right across the Ribble Valley as part of our new work alongside Lancashire County Council, and we’re looking for fantastic, caring, happy to help, big smiling, team playing, glass half full, just love to say hi, never-say-never people to join our award-winning team.
We have vacancies at our bases in Burnley and Blackburn alongside our Rosso team, working in partnership with The Blackburn Bus Company and The Burnley Bus Company.
Whilst you’ll be working with our close-knit local team, you’ll be supported by the wider Transdev family of 1,300 colleagues right across the North.
Our Rosso colleagues are the proud holders of the 2020 Transdev Amazing Awards Depot of the Year, Driver of the Year and Rising Star awards, so you’ll be joining an enthusiastic team of winners, and we want you to bring more of the same.
Bus drivers here have a wide variety of backgrounds but they’ve got one thing in common – they care about great customer service.
When you join us, one of our team of trained mentors will be on hand to provide guidance on route training, vehicle familiarisation, ticket machines, and any questions you might have. Even once you’re comfortable with your role as a driver here, the training team, mentors and our local managers will be on hand to help.
As well as training and support, through your role with us you’ll have access to some of the most generous terms and conditions around including:
- Free travel for you and your partner on our own buses, and many more right across the North of England.
- Subsidised gym membership and money off at many high street shops, including major supermarkets, through our colleague app.
- Rewards and awards for our best performers including our annual company-wide Amazing Awards and Transdev Honours.
- Opportunities to progress to other roles through our StepUp talent and development programme.
- A generous company pension scheme, with life cover at 2x your basic annual salary.
- Working a guaranteed 39 hour week, the starting rate of pay is £9.26 per hour, rising to £10.02 after six months with us.
Interested, and think you have what it takes?
Apply with a covering letter and CV by email to Training Officer Dave Martin on [email protected] or give him a call for an informal chat on 07769701605.