Not been on the bus for a while? Or just want to check the latest advice? It’s all here in one place for you.
1 month ago
We’ve always been proud to say that our buses are clean, and we’re going even further now to make sure you feel as comfortable on board as you can.
Click one of our quick links here, if you already know what you’re looking for.
How the tier system affects our buses
Checking bus times
Who may and may not travel
What we’re doing to keep our buses clean
Keeping you safe, including distancing on board and at stops
Face coverings on the bus
Different payment and ticket options
Check how many seats are free on the bus
What to do if your bus is full
What to do if you need extra help, or the ramp lowered on the bus
No, the new tier alert levels will not affect the number of buses we run. Even in the highest tier, public transport can still be used to travel to the shops, work or hospitality venues that are open. A full description of each tier level, as well as a tier level finder for your area, can be found here.
- Click here to see all our current timetables.
- If our timetables are going to change, we’ll give you as much notice as possible and you’ll see a new article on our homepage.
The Government advice is to not travel if you are unwell.
Keep up to date with the very latest guidance here.
- Our buses are deep cleaned every night by our expert team of cleaners ready for you each morning
- Cleaners at our bus stations are there to hop on board to disinfect buses and clean touchpoints throughout the day.
- Cleaning kits are carried by drivers to ensure they’re equipped during the journey
- Virucidal fog is used every night as part of a new regime and is proven to be highly effective
- We have added more buses to our timetables so you have a greater choice of journeys.
- At the bus stop, allow anyone leaving the bus to get off before you try to board. Get on one at a time and keep apart from other customers.
- We're looking forward to seeing more of you on board as capacity restrictions are being lifted.
- We are keeping our buses well ventilated by leaving the windows open to ensure the air is as fresh as possible.
- Please try to only sit in the window seats, unless you're travelling with family who can sit together
- We’ve added hand sanitiser dispensers to every bus, so please help yourself as you board and leave the bus.
It is now compulsory to wear a face covering on board buses.
Read more, including FAQs and where to buy your own here.
Most of our tickets can be bought through the Transdev Go app, which should help you to avoid paying with cash.
Contactless payments with your bank card, watch or phone are available on board too, up to £45.
We do still accept cash on all our buses, but would prefer you used a mobile ticket or contactless if you can.
We’re monitoring where buses are busiest, and if we can help you more by letting you know which times are quieter, we’ll update our timetables and add information to our message on Twitter.
It’s not very likely, because we’ve added extra buses, but due to the limits on the number of people on each bus some may become full. If this happens, the bus will show ‘bus full’ on the front until someone gets off the bus and there is more room.
Because you may have to wait for the next bus, give yourself plenty of time for your journey, especially if you have to be somewhere for a particular time.
If you’d usually catch the last bus, think about whether you could take the one before, in case of the unlikely event that the last bus is full.
We’ll keep monitoring all our buses, and we’re adding extra ones where we need to, to make sure full buses are very rare.
All our buses are accessible and the measures on board we have put in place to support distancing take account of the wheelchair bay, which is still fully accessible.
If you need our driver to lower the ramp, they may ask you to move back whilst they operate the ramp, to maintain safe distancing.
If you need assistance with anything during your journey, our drivers will be happy to help. And at our bus stations, we have more people there to help you too.
Want to know more?